Terms and Conditions - Contemporary Hotels
Bookings: To confirm all bookings this agreement and full payment of deposit is required in advance, we must follow security procedures and have the agreement acknowledged and returned also before full confirmation.
Guest numbers: See property information for maximum guest numbers, a full guest list must be provided. Not to be exceeded.
Rates: See property information or contact Contemporary Hotels. We provide all linen, towels, beach towels and toiletries.
- December & January – 7 night minimum POA.If both Christmas and New Year’s Eve are booked, a 14 night minimum applies. Easter and School Holidays – 1 week minimum where available.
- Rates are subject to change without notice and are quoted for the agreed period of time and for the number of guests indicated. Rate changes made after confirmation will not affect your booking.
- Please note individual property’s cleaning charges upon booking viewable on our website.
Party Policy: Zero Tolerance
NOTE: Contemporary Hotels follows International best practice policies to ensure the properties we represent for short term accommodation are safe, secure and protected – and not damaged. As these properties are not in commercial areas Australian government regulators and Councils also have strict rules and requirements for holiday letting and will prosecute those who book properties for holiday/short term who don’t abide by the short term holiday letting rules. Reasons such as: noise, any disturbance, parties, weddings and overcrowding etc... Contemporary Hotels represent the luxury end of the short term holiday letting market and we have fair yet strict guidelines. We require an undertaking from guests and clients who book for ‘short term accommodation only’ not to have parties, events or gatherings etc… and give an assurance that the property rented is for the use of registered guests only. A day/evening visit/luncheon/dinner by a couple of friends is fine if organised with the Contemporary Hotels team in advance.
Party/Disturbance Procedures: In the event an unsolicited event/party or any disturbance to the community ensues at a Contemporary Hotels managed property the procedure is as follows: Our Caretakers will phone/attend (at your cost) and attempt to resolve the concern. If a resolution is not forthcoming they will request immediate eviction as per this agreement. If this is met with resistance the Caretakers are instructed to call Private Security (at your cost for a minimum of 4hrs for 2x Security Personal). Our Private Security team will secure the premises, safeguard from damage and remain indefinitely or until the property is secure (this is at the Security/Caretaker’s discretion). The Police will also be called and if Councils are alerted further fines to you may arise. By signing this agreement you agree to this procedure and all costs being deducted from your credit card. This is in addition to triggering a $5000 event clause, loss of $2000+ bond + damages + extra cleaning should it be necessary. As explained above, this costly, zero tolerance approach is necessary to protect our homes.
Rest assured: In saying the above we are not unreasonable and encourage guests to talk to us if there is concern – communication can solve anything! We know that 99.9% of our guests are amazing, lovely people who simply wish to unwind in comfort and relaxation – this is what we strive to provide. Please, if in doubt, talk to us as these measures are not designed to prevent our guests from the normal, relaxing use of a holiday home – only to prevent those who believe having a party is acceptable.
We’re proud to introduce to you a wonderful property, an amazing home where guests can relax and unwind in comfort and luxury. Contemporary Hotels strives to ensure that each and every guest enjoys an experience beyond their expectations; if you have any special requests please don’t hesitate in contacting us.
As we entrust an entire property in guest’s hands, complete with bespoke and often expensive fit-outs, we do expect that guests read and abide by the terms and conditions (especially our strictly enforced ‘no party policy’. We ask guests to show the upmost care and responsibility as it is expected that the property and furnishings be returned in the exact same condition at the end of a stay as at the beginning. Before booking please understand it is a requirement that any damage and/or accidents, unintentional or otherwise, are a responsibility of the guest and that the guest will meet these costs, small or large. Given its definition we do accept that accidents may occur but any accident is the responsibility of the guest. Please be mindful that even small things such as makeup or fake tan can permanently damage linen or leave permanent stains which we’ll need to fix from the bond.
Of course Contemporary Hotels will always go above and beyond to repair/replace by the most cost effective means in order to restore the property to the same condition as it was before the guest took occupancy. On arrival our caretaker will always show you through the property and can be on hand for your exit therefore if there are any concerns, or arrival or departure, guests can raise them on the spot.
It is important that guests choose a property to suit their expectations whilst knowing ours, it is our expectation that our properties are solely used for quiet holiday purposes and that guests understand their responsibilities before booking. Of course if there are any questions, please ask and we will be more than happy to explain as in the end of the day all we want is for you to experience your perfect getaway. We thank you and very much look forward to welcoming you soon; the team at Contemporary Hotels know that you will thoroughly enjoy your stay!
1. Reservations/Bookings: The booking will be confirmed on receipt of full cleared payment and signed acceptance of this short term holiday agreement. The person who has made the booking must be the same person changing or cancelling the booking and coordinating payment – we accept EFT, Visa, Mastercard and AMEX.
2. Payment Method & Bond: EFT/Cash /Visa/Mastercard/AMEX.
Credit card payment will incur a 2% handling charge if paid by AMEX, Visa or Mastercard. All rent monies received will be deposited into a legislated Trust account with the NAB and held until contract termination. A $2,000 bond is required for most properties payable as an EFT deposit or credit card pre-authorization bond – this will be run approx. 24-48 before your arrival. Some properties may ask for a higher bond. Your bond is forfeited on breach of this agreement, in addition to damages rectification, or will be kept after vacating the property until such point that the property is inspected and cleared of damage. In the event that repairs are to be made the bond will be kept indefinitely until such point as repairs can be assessed and made. The bond will be kept until the damage is resolved, at which point the money will either be in full or part refunded to the guest or in full or part paid to the owner of the property for the damage caused. Further payments may be required if there is loss or damage exceeding this amount to be run from credit card number provided. Signing this agreement gives Contemporary Hotels permission to deposit rent monies into a Trust account and, at the conclusion of this contract, direct monies to be paid to the owner of the property, less commissions/additional charges where applicable. Any bond claim will also be subject to a $50 initial charge + $50 per hour administration charge.
3. Conditions & Cancellations: If cancellation is within 30 days of the date of arrival of a booking during the non-school holiday season no refund will be given for cancellation nor can dates be changed. If cancellation is within 60 days of the date of arrival of a booking during December and January + School Holidays no refund will be given nor can dates be changed. If cancellation is outside of 30 days of the arrival date during non-school holiday periods a full refund less administration costs (AUD$250.00) will be given. If cancellation is outside of 60 days of the arrival date for bookings during the December and January + School Holidays 50% of the deposit will be refunded less administration costs (AUD$250.00). Part cancellation of the booking will not be accepted. In the unlikely event of the house being out of order due to unforeseen damage or the sale of the property, Contemporary Hotels reserves the right to cancel at any time without notice in the event of these special circumstances. In this unlikely scenario you will receive a full refund and our assistance with finding alternative accommodation.
4. House Manager: The person signing this confirmation will be designated as the house manager and will be nominated as the primary contact. The house manager must be 18 years of age or older, warrants that he/she is authorized to agree to this agreement on behalf of all occupants and takes full responsibility to ensure that all occupants (and any guests or invitees of such occupants) understand and agree to this agreement. A mobile phone number must be provided and be contactable when occupying the property 24/7 for safety & security purposes.
5. Property Usage: The property is to be used for short term residential accommodation (holiday letting) only. The property may not be used for any commercial purpose, wedding, party, gathering or any other function. Also see clause 13 below.
6. Check-In, Check-Out & Keys: Check-in is from 2pm onwards and check-out is 10am*. Our property caretaker will meet you at the property at your agreed time from 2pm onwards and hand over keys. We require your arrival time as the caretaker does not live on site. A $100 fee will be charged for late arrivals if the caretaker needs to leave and return. In the event of lost keys/replacement locks will also be charged to your credit card provided. Please contact the caretaker the day before your arrival to confirm your arrival time.
*If you wish an early arrival/late departure it is best to contact the caretaker a day or two before your booking, early arrivals cannot be granted outside of this (as we might have a booking before you where the property needs to be cleaned). Same policy for late check-outs, the caretaker will happily grant a late check-out on availability. If guests wish to secure an early check-in or late check-out in advance we can do this for 50% of the daily rate.
7. Telephone & Internet: Varies from property to property, please refer to property details or ask Contemporary Hotels as we cannot guarantee phone or internet coverage at any property, especially remote ones.
8. Parking: Refer to property or ask Contemporary Hotels
9. Housekeeping & Maintenance: There is a cleaning charge for each property. This includes all general cleaning but not extra-ordinary cleaning if the home is left extra-ordinarily unclean. For bookings of 7 nights or more, a complimentary service can be provided during your stay, this must be arranged at time of booking or may be up to cleaners discretion if discussed on check-in. Extra services can be arranged for an additional fee. If on arrival and in the unlikely event the property requires further housekeeping, or if there is an unforeseen maintenance issue, please inform our caretaker immediately. They will co-ordinate the appropriate person to fix the problem as soon as practically possible. Our homes are always maintained but the law of averages suggests things may cease to work from time to time – we will always be on hand to do what is needed.
10. Garbage Removal & Cleaning: The occupants are required to leave the property in the same clean, neat and tidy condition, as it was when they arrived. This includes, without limitation, washing up, fridge cleaned out, BBQ cleaned and rubbish to be placed in appropriate bins provided on vacating the property. If additional extra-ordinary cleaning is required the cost will be charged against the credit card (security deposit). In an attempt to keep rates low we only have provision for rubbish for the household bins only, any additional rubbish can either be removed by the guest (our recommendation) or, if additional extra-ordinary rubbish is left behind, the caretakers will organise a contractor to collect and dispose at the guest’s expense - charged to the credit card (please be aware charges can be as high as $200+ for excessive rubbish). If you happen to be a guest during rubbish evenings it is a guest’s responsibility to ensure the bins are available for council collection, any questions please ask the caretaker.
11. Smoking & Pets: There is strictly no smoking inside the property and we ask also you to leave your pets at home as they are not permitted.
12. Loss, Damage or Injury: Contemporary Hotels, the owner and their respective employees and agents, take no responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage of any property, or personal injury or death, of any occupant, guest or invitee of any such occupant and they each exclude all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law. The occupants acknowledge the environment in which the property is located and must take extreme care including, without limitation, observing safety signage, fire and safety directions and procedures and exercise caution whilst inside and when venturing outside the property. Occupants must report breakages immediately (or as soon as practical) and are responsible for loss or damage of property belonging to them, or their guests, and for the damage or loss of property belonging to the property during their stay. We recommend all guests take out travel/health insurance as security for the event of accident, sickness or cancellation caused by unforeseen circumstances such as transport problems or illness. Please be aware of any surrounding natural bush land and there may be dangerous snakes, spiders and other animals and bugs including ticks from time to time at some properties. If you are sensitive, please insure you use an insect repellent and wear covered shoes if you are bush walking.
13. Noise, Parties & Behaviour*: The house is for registered occupants only (as indicated below). Parties or any disturbing behavior are not permitted under any circumstances and there is to be no disturbing noise between 10pm to 8am with no excessive noise at any other time. A $100 deduction will be charged with each caretaker callout. A Private Security callout involves 2x Private Security personal for a minimum of 4 hours each. If your behavior or that of your guests causes damage, danger or annoyance we reserve the right to ask you to vacate the property immediately and be treated as a cancellation inside 30 days. Please note functions of any kind are not permitted and the invitation of additional guests beyond the home’s sleeping capacity will enact our Event Policy. Event rates start at an additional $5000 to any booking. If you breach this agreement, you will forfeit your entire bond of $2000 in addition to any damages, cleaning, caretaker and security call-outs. Any breach of contract will forfeit your bond and/or event surcharge will be deducted off your credit card provided or from your cash bond.
*If your or your guest’s behavior causes the delisting or loss of the property to the rental market Contemporary Hotels will pursue damages for loss of income. Simply choose wisely, if you wish to have a party book elsewhere.
Please note: Our policy here must be extremely strict due to our responsibilities to our homes & communities. If guests damage/break chattels or invite additional guests then we have little recourse as we must protect our homes. We are not unreasonable by any means; therefore if you think your ideal weekend would meet expectations, not damage the house or cause any neighbourly grievances please talk to us first – communication solves everything!
14. Caretaker: Our caretaker will be of assistance for check-ins and is happy to offer advice at this time and by phone when required however we kindly ask you to respect her/his time during the weekends and evenings unless it is an emergency. Other than as provided for in this agreement, the property is not serviced. If additional services are requested of the caretaker, please contact Contemporary Hotels prior to arrange. The caretaker may assist in additional services at an extra charge which will be charged to your credit card as provided below.
15. House rules: The property may contain house rules (see Contemporary Hotels folder in the house or on wall of kitchen). Please read and observe these rules which are deemed to be incorporated in this agreement.
16. Please Note: A breach or indicated breach of any of the above conditions will permit Contemporary Hotels to cancel or amend a booking, refuse access or occupation or immediately terminate a tenancy. Refunds will not be paid on terminated tenancies and penalties may apply in the event of disturbances/parties/events. All details must be filled out correctly and payment processed before the confirmation of booking. As the property is an individual house and not a hotel with staff where rooms can be swapped, we cannot offer alternative accommodation if the property is not to your individual taste or a refund. We encourage guests to choose their properties carefully and ask any questions you wish. We do not refund for problems such as, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, television, wifi not working, light globes out, any appliances or pool/spa (where applicable) not working, blackouts etc. We will endeavour to fix all problems as soon as practically possible, but as these are entire properties occasionally a few maintenance issues may arise; fortunately most are easily fixed. It is therefore paramount you make your property selection carefully. Minor interior and exterior decorations change from time to time in order to maintain the property. Images on the website are not always an exact representation of the property as changes can and will occur to keep a property fresh. All information is uploaded to the best of our knowledge but we request guests make their owner enquiries. Some of our properties are working properties and as such there may be workpeople on the grounds from time to time.
17. Your Signature Confirms: That you and each occupant have read agreed and accepted these terms and conditions and you authorize Contemporary Hotels, or representative, to debit the full amount of your accommodation from your credit card or alternatively you may provide EFT cash or a cheque – please advise if not credit card. Credit card details are also required for security and will act as a bond. You also acknowledge that this contact terminates upon the final vacation of the property, that any monies collected will be held in a Trust account until contract termination whereby they will be paid to the owner of the property (less commissions and fees).
Thank you for booking with Contemporary Hotels. To keep up to date with all out latest properties and offers become a fan of our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ContemporaryHotels