The Contemporary Mission:
To offer the finest homes in Australia to discerning guests, travelers who are seeking a unique and memorable experience. Contemporary Hotels has 20 years of experience and the privilege of welcoming 1000’s of guests each year. We are the original in Australia who pioneered delivering a hotel experience in a private home – the ‘Contemporary Hotel’. We seek to match homes that are beautifully presented and looked after to guests who care for our homes as they would their own.
- Bookings: In order to confirm all bookings this agreement and full payment of deposit is required in advance, we must follow security procedures and have the agreement acknowledged and returned before full confirmation. Contemporary Hotels represents private homes, rather than commercial premises, therefore home owners may request to sight agreements for acceptance.
- Guest numbers: See property information for maximum guest numbers, for booking and insurance purposes a full guest list must be provided including visitors.
- Rates & charges: See individual property details or contact Contemporary Hotels.
- Inclusions: A personal welcome, on-hand support, beautiful toiletries, linen, towels, toiletries & pantry basics are included in each stay along with a complimentary service & linen change per week & exit clean. Individual properties may tailor further inclusions.
- Concierge: We can assist with absolutely anything. Talk to one of our friendly team and help us design your perfect getaway.
- Insurance: To cover for anything unexpected we recommend all guests, local and international, obtain travel insurance. Even for weekenders.
The Contemporary Journey:
- Select your perfect holiday destination and property.
- Complete this holiday booking agreement & arrange deposit.
- Receive your confirmation via email which includes all your important arrival and property information. Please check all details are correct, especially dates.
- Liaise with your property manager 72hrs before arrival to confirm timing.
- Arrive, relax and unwind in your private holiday home.
- Say goodbye but not farewell, you are now a Contemporary VIP!
Welcome to Contemporary Hotels!
We’re proud to introduce to you a Contemporary Hotels’ property, a place where guests can relax and unwind in comfort and luxury. Contemporary Hotels strives to ensure that each and every guest enjoys an experience beyond their expectations; if you have any special requests please don’t hesitate in contacting us. We want to help.
As we entrust an entire property in guest’s hands, complete with bespoke and often expensive fit-outs, we do expect that guests read and abide by the terms and conditions (especially our strictly enforced ‘no party policy’). We ask guests to show the upmost care and responsibility as it is expected that the property and furnishings be returned in the exact same condition at the end of a stay as at the beginning allowing for natural wear and tear. Before booking please understand it is a requirement that any damage be it accidental, unintentional or otherwise are a responsibility of the guest and that the guest will meet these costs, small or large. Given its definition we do accept that accidents may occur but any accident is the responsibility of the guest. Please be mindful that even small things such as sparklers, makeup or fake tan can permanently damage or leave permanent stains which we’ll need to fix from the bond.
Of course Contemporary Hotels will always go above and beyond to repair/replace by the most cost effective means in order to restore the property to the same condition as it was before a guest took occupancy. On arrival our caretaker will always walk you through the property and can be on hand for your exit therefore if there are any concerns. Should anything be noticed shortly after arrival, please contact your caretaker immediately.
It is important that guests choose a property to suit their expectations whilst knowing ours, it is our expectation that our properties are solely used for quiet holiday purposes and that guests understand their responsibilities before booking. Of course if there are any questions, please ask and we will be more than happy to explain as in the end of the day all we want is for you to experience your perfect getaway. We thank you and very much look forward to welcoming you soon.
Party Policy: Zero Tolerance
Contemporary Hotels follows International best practice policies to ensure the properties we represent for short term accommodation are safe, secure and protected – and not damaged. As these properties are not in commercial areas Australian Government regulators and Councils also have strict rules and requirements for holiday letting and will prosecute those who book properties for holiday/short term who don’t abide by the short term holiday letting rules. Reasons such as: noise, any disturbance, parties, weddings, non-agreed commercial activity and overcrowding. Contemporary Hotels represent the luxury end of the short term holiday letting market and we have fair yet strict guidelines. We require an undertaking from guests and clients who book for ‘short term accommodation only’ not to have parties, events, gatherings or similar and give an assurance that the property rented is for the use of registered guests only.
Party/Disturbance Procedures: In the event an unsolicited event/party or if any disturbance to the community ensues at a Contemporary Hotels managed property the procedure is as follows: Our Caretakers will phone/attend (at your cost) and attempt to resolve the concern. If a resolution is not forthcoming they will request immediate eviction as per this agreement. If this is met with resistance the Caretakers are instructed to call Private Security (at your cost for a minimum of 4hrs for 2x Security Personal). Our Private Security team will secure the premises, safeguard from damage and remain indefinitely or until the property is secure (this is at the Security/Caretaker’s discretion). The Police will also be called and if Councils are alerted further fines to you may arise. By signing this agreement you agree to this procedure and all costs being deducted from your credit card. This is in addition to triggering a $5000 event fee, loss of $2000 + bond + damages + extra cleaning should it be necessary. As explained above, this costly, zero tolerance approach is necessary to protect our homes. All attendees may also be placed on a national blacklist register for further accommodation purposes.
Rest assured: In saying the above we are not unreasonable and encourage guests to talk to us if there is concern – communication can solve anything! We know that 99.99% of our guests are amazing, lovely people who simply wish to unwind in comfort and relaxation – this is what we strive to provide. Please, if in doubt, talk to us as these measures are not designed to prevent our guests from the normal, relaxing use of a holiday home – only to prevent those who believe having a party is acceptable. If you feel your intentions are reasonable it is very likely we will too, so please talk to us.
1. Reservations/Bookings: Your booking will be confirmed via a formal email after receipt of full cleared deposit and signed acceptance of this short term holiday agreement. The person who has made the booking must be the same person changing or cancelling the booking and coordinating payments. Please read this confirmation carefully to check your dates/property is correct.
2. Payments: Initial deposit of 25% is non-refundable with the balance due 60 days from arrival.
Concessions may be made for short stay bookings which are outside school or public holidays whereby the balance may due 30 days from arrival. Credit card payments incur a 2% handling charge if paid by AMEX, Visa or Mastercard. We welcome EFT payments also, please ask for bank details. All rent monies received will be deposited into a legislated Trust account with the NAB from which they can be distributed to the property owner, Contemporary Hotels, contractors, service providers or otherwise from the time of booking confirmation. All properties & bookings vary but total payments generally consist of deposits, booking fees, cleaning & linen contributions, credit card surcharges along and additional services such as concierge, chefs & transport.
3. Security Bond: Bonds vary but a minimum $2,000 bond is required for most properties payable as a credit card pre-authorization bond (similar to a hotel) – this will be run approx. 24-48 before your arrival. Some properties may ask for a higher bond or bond to be held via EFT deposit, this will be advised at the time of booking. Your bond is non-returnable on breach of this agreement in addition to damages rectification, or will be kept after vacating the property until such point that the property is inspected and cleared of damage by either a Contemporary Hotels representative or the home owner. The bond may be kept indefinitely until any identified damage is resolved at which point the bond will either be refunded in full or part to you or in full or part paid to the owner of the property for the damage caused. Further payments may be required if there is loss or damage exceeding this amount to be run from credit card number provided. Any bond claim will also be subject to a $55 initial charge + $55 per hour administration charge (including GST).
4. Conditions, Concessions, Changes & Cancellations:
- Conditions: All bookings are confirmed with a 25% non-refundable deposit, this is non-refundable in event of cancellation. Balances are due 60 days from check-in as standard booking practice and, once due, are also non-refundable and liable to be paid from due date. Should a balance payment not be made by the due date the booking may be treated as cancelled by you. Concessional bookings may also be amended 30+ days from arrival subject to administration costs.
- Concessions: Balance payment concessions may be made for short stay bookings which are outside school or public holidays whereby the balance may due 30 days from arrival, please enquire.
- Changes: Confirmed dates cannot be amended or changed therefore we do ask guests to choose their dates and property wisely and we are here to help with any and all questions.
- Cancellation: In the event of cancellation the deposit is not refundable nor is the balance payment once it is due. Balances which are due will still need to be paid as part of this agreement. Should a guest needs to cancel we will, of course, do our upmost to resell the property in order to facilitate a full or partial refund. Should we be successful in reselling a 20% +GST commission will be applied and will be deducted from any refund along with administration charges.
- Administration charges for an amendment or cancellation is $250 AUD.
- Cancellation by Owner/Contemporary Hotels: In the unlikely event of the house being out of order due to unforeseen damage, the sale of the property or other event outside of the control of Contemporary Hotels or an indicated term breach by a guest; Contemporary Hotels reserves the right to cancel at any time without notice due to these special circumstances. In this unlikely scenario you will receive a full refund and our full assistance with finding alternative accommodation. Please acknowledge that Contemporary Hotels is not the owner of the properties but rather acts as an agent for the owners and neither party is liable for any losses to any third party bookings.
- *We highly recommend guests take out travel insurance to cover for unforeseen circumstances and damages. This recommendation also applies to Australians travelling within Australia*
5. House Manager: The person signing this confirmation will be designated as the house manager and will be nominated as the primary contact. The house manager must be 25 years of age or older, warrants that he/she is authorized to agree to this agreement on behalf of all occupants and takes full responsibility to ensure that all occupants (and any guests or invitees of such occupants) understand and agree to this agreement. A mobile phone number must be provided and be contactable when occupying the property 24/7 for safety & security purposes.
6. Property Usage: The property is to be used for short term residential accommodation (holiday letting) only. The property may not be used for any commercial purpose, wedding, party, gathering or any other function. In the case of accommodations in Strata areas adherence to all Strata by-laws and behavior is also expected. Please acknowledge that many houses and apartments contain security cameras protecting the exteriors and by signing this agreement you acknowledge your consent. Please also see clause 13 below.
7. Check-In, Check-Out & Keys: As standard check-in is from 2pm onwards and check-out is 10am*. Our property caretaker will meet you at the property at an agreed time, welcome you and assist with your arrival. Please be mindful the caretaker does not live on site and will travel to welcome you. A $100 fee will be charged for late arrivals if the caretaker needs to leave and return. In the event of lost keys/replacement locks will also be charged to your credit card provided. Please contact the caretaker 48hrs before your arrival to confirm your arrival time. Caretaker details will be on your confirmation.
*If you wish an early arrival/late departure it is best to contact the caretaker a day or two before your booking as early arrivals cannot be granted outside of this (as we might have a booking before you where the property needs to be prepared for your arrival). Same policy for late check-outs, the caretaker will happily grant a late check-out on availability. If guests wish to secure an early check-in or late check-out in advance we can do this for 50% of the daily rate. A total of 1x the daily rate will be charged to your booking for a non-agreed late check-out and Contemporary Hotels, or its agents, reserve the right to enter the property to enforce an immediate eviction.
8. Telephone & Internet: Varies from property to property, please refer to property details on the website or ask Contemporary Hotels as we cannot guarantee phone or internet coverage at any property, especially remote ones. We also ask guests to respect download usage as private homes tend to be on residential download limits. If download limits are breached internet may slow or stall, should this happen we will endeavor to restore but cannot guarantee. In many cases telephones and internet coverage is outside of our control thus will never be a refundable event in the case of non-performance.
9. Parking: Refer to property or ask Contemporary Hotels
10. Housekeeping & Maintenance: There is a cleaning contribution charge for each property. This includes all general cleaning but not extra-ordinary cleaning if the home is left extra-ordinarily unclean. For bookings of 7 nights or more, a complimentary service can be provided during your stay, this must be arranged at time of booking or may be up to cleaners discretion if discussed on check-in. Extra services can be arranged ahead of time for an additional fee. If on arrival, and in the unlikely event the property requires further housekeeping, or if there is an unforeseen maintenance issue, please inform our caretaker immediately. They will co-ordinate the appropriate person to fix the problem as soon as practically possible. Our homes are always maintained but the law of averages suggests things may cease to work from time to time – we will always be on hand to do what is needed. Likewise if a guest is to discover anything that may be considered a health of safety risk, please inform us immediately.
11. Garbage Removal & Cleaning: The occupants are required to leave the property in the same clean, neat and tidy condition as it was when they arrived. This includes, without limitation, washing up, fridge cleaned out, BBQ cleaned and rubbish to be placed in appropriate bins provided on vacating the property. If additional extra-ordinary cleaning is required the cost will be charged against the credit card or bond (security deposit). In an attempt to keep rates low we only have provision for rubbish for the household bins only, any additional rubbish can either be removed by the guest (our recommendation) or, if additional extra-ordinary rubbish is left behind, the caretakers will organise a contractor to collect and dispose at the guest’s expense - charged to the credit card or bond (please be aware charges can be as high as $200+ for excessive rubbish). If you happen to be a guest during council rubbish collection evenings it is a guest’s responsibility to ensure the bins are available for council collection, any questions please ask the caretaker.
12. Smoking & Pets: There is strictly no smoking inside the property and we ask also you to leave your pets at home as they are not permitted. Any exception must be in writing.
13. Loss, Damage or Injury: Contemporary Hotels, the owner and their respective employees and agents, take no responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage of any property, or personal injury or death, of any occupant, guest or invitee of any such occupant and they each exclude all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law. The occupants acknowledge the environment in which the property is located and must take extreme care including, without limitation, observing safety signage, fire and safety directions and procedures and exercise caution whilst inside and when venturing outside the property. Occupants must report breakages immediately (or as soon as practical) and are responsible for loss or damage of property belonging to them, or their guests, and for the damage or loss of property belonging to the property during their stay. We recommend all guests take out travel/health insurance as security for the event of accident, sickness or cancellation caused by unforeseen circumstances such as transport problems or illness. Neither Contemporary Hotels nor Owner is liable for and fees/costs to any third party in connection with your holiday including, without limitation, fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance. Please be aware of any surrounding natural bush land and there may be dangerous snakes, spiders and other animals and bugs including ticks from time to time at some properties. If you are sensitive, please insure you use an insect repellent and wear covered shoes if you are bush walking.
14. Noise, Parties & Behaviour*: The house is for registered occupants only (as indicated below). Parties or any disturbing behavior are not permitted under any circumstances and there is to be no disturbing noise during the stay, especially between 10pm to 8am. A $100 +GST deduction will be charged with each caretaker callout. We, our agents or contractors have been instructed to call on Private Security where necessary. A callout involves 2x Private Security personal for a minimum of 4 hours each which will be charged to the bond. If your behavior, or that of your guests, causes damage, danger or annoyance we reserve the right to ask you to vacate the property immediately and be treated as a cancellation. Please note functions of any kind are not permitted and the invitation of additional guests beyond the home’s sleeping capacity or those indicated on this agreement will enact our Event Policy. Guests are permitted of course, we simply ask to be informed and agree in writing. Event rates start at an additional $5000 to any booking. If you breach this agreement, you will forfeit your entire bond of $2000 in addition to any damages, cleaning, and caretaker and security call-outs. Any breach of contract will forfeit your bond and/or event surcharge will be deducted off your credit card provided or from your cash bond.
*If your or your guest’s behavior causes the delisting or loss of the property to the rental market Contemporary Hotels will pursue damages for loss of income. All occupants also may be placed on a national register blacklist distributed through accommodation suppliers. This has the potential to ban occupants around Australia from accommodation. Simply choose wisely, if you wish to have a party book elsewhere.
Please note: Our policy here must be extremely strict due to our responsibilities to our homes & communities. If guests damage/break chattels or invite additional guests then we have little recourse as it is our duty to protect our homes. We are not unreasonable by any means; therefore if you think your ideal weekend would meet expectations, not damage the house or cause any neighbourly grievances please talk to us first – communication solves everything and we’ve always found that guests who communicate respect our homes and are the ones we strive to look after!
15. Caretaker: Our caretaker will be of assistance for check-ins and is happy to offer advice at this time, and by phone when required, however we kindly ask you to respect her/his time during the weekends and evenings unless it is an emergency. Other than as provided for in this agreement, the property is not serviced. If additional services are requested of the caretaker, please contact Contemporary Hotels prior to arrange. The caretaker may assist in additional services at an extra charge which will be charged to your credit card or bond as provided.
16. House rules: The property may contain house rules (see Contemporary Hotels folder in the house). Please read and observe these rules which are deemed to be incorporated in this agreement.
17. Please Note: A breach or indicated breach of any of the above conditions will permit Contemporary Hotels to cancel or amend a booking, refuse access or occupation or immediately terminate a tenancy. Refunds will not be paid on terminated tenancies and event fees may apply in the event of disturbances/parties/events. All details must be filled out correctly and payment processed before the confirmation of booking. As the property is an individual house and not a hotel where rooms can be swapped, we cannot offer alternative accommodation if the property, on arrival, is not to your individual taste or offer a refund. We encourage guests to choose their properties carefully and ask any questions. We do not refund for problems such as, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, television, Wi-Fi not working, light globes out, any appliances or pool/spa (where applicable) not working, blackouts etc. We will endeavour to fix all problems as soon as practically possible but as these are entire properties occasionally a few maintenance issues may arise; fortunately most are easily fixed. Interior and exterior decorations change from time to time in order to maintain the property therefore images on the website are not always an exact representation of the property. All information is uploaded to the best of our knowledge but we request guests make their own enquiries. Some of our properties are working/farm properties and as such there may be workpeople on the grounds from time to time, please ask if this is a concern. Similarly many of our homes are in built-up, urban environments where there is a potential for construction or disturbance and in which cases a move or refund is not applicable.
18. Your Signature Confirms: That you and each occupant have read agreed and accepted these terms and conditions and you authorize Contemporary Hotels, or representative, to debit the full amount due from your credit card or alternatively you may pay via EFT. Credit card details are also required for security and may act as a bond. You also acknowledge that this contact terminates upon the final vacation of the property after the final cleaning and checks have been performed although may be confirmation they can be distributed to the property owner, Contemporary Hotels, contractors, service providers or otherwise.
Thank you for booking with Contemporary Hotels. To keep up to date with all out latest properties and offers become a fan of our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ContemporaryHotels
Number of nights:
Date of Birth:
Arrival Time/Flight number:
Number of adults:
Number of children:
Number of beds being used:
How would you like to pay:
Credit Card (AMEX, Visa and Mastercard incur 2% handling fees)
Credit Card for security bond:
Credit card number :
Driver’s license: photograph license on your phone and attach by clicking here:
Names, D.O.B and addresses of all additional occupants (may need to send in an email):
Signature for, and on behalf of, all occupants (acknowledging clause 13):
Your Signature Confirms you have read, agree to and wholly accept our terms as written herein. Any alteration of this agreement, be it confirmed verbally or via email, must be noted on this page otherwise it is taken you agree to all terms as written within. Your signature allows Contemporary Hotels to debit the full amount of your occupancy, added services along with any bond requirements & charges, from your credit card or alternatively you may deposit via EFT with prior confirmation of Contemporary Hotels.